Courtney's House Reborn

After close to 10 yrs in our little home we decided it was time for a bigger one.

We looked at moving on. Other established homes needed too much work and new home suburbs were too far away from everything and the houses built too close together.

We liked this area, the school and had made a good circle of friends over that time.

So we took the best of both worlds.

A new home in an old area.



Thursday, June 17, 2010

Well thanks for all your comments people.

Tomorrow is lock up meeting. DH asked me what we will be doing at lock up meeting? As we have been locked out for a week already. I am not sure, addressing things that we have found that are not quite right or not up to our standard.

Like today, DH and I where looking at the bath. "That's not the right one" I said, "it wasn't square on the corners". And sure enough DH checked the paperwork and they have cemented in the wrong bath. It WILL have to be changed!!!!

I hope Luke (Aveling site super) will give me a handover date, so we can book in some trade's to finish off the house. Things like the driveway, painting, blinds, carpets and wood floors. We also have a few doors which we decided to do ourselves (maybe later, must move in).
We will see what tomorrow brings.

Look what we have today.....Tiles Kitchen feature tiles

My hand is on the kitchen wall tiles. Also we have floor tiles for ensuite and kids bathroom.

Kids bathroom feature tiles.
I know this sounds mad Sue but I am looking forward to some house cleaning in the New big house. I am sure this feeling will wear off very soon!!!I hope. That is when I will go back to work and pay someone else to clean it for me.

Must go and get some sleep. Another day and lots to do. Bye

2 comments:

  1. You'll love all the cleaning with everything nice and shiny new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'er very Dutch Sandra. LOL

    Will be interesting the meeting with Luke.Will be nice to know when change over is.

    ReplyDelete